Saturday, February 21, 2009

Fresh Baked Bread...

There's nothing like a loaf of fresh baked bread. Hand kneaded, set to rise twice, and baked. The only bummer... Bill is super YUCKY sick in bed since about 7pm. I'm terrified that I'll be getting whatever he got around the same time tomorrow. Hmmm... well, on a brighter note here it is:


...I tried it, a little salty but delicious for a first try. I talked to Sarah on the phone tonight and she told me about a bread making book so I hopped on Amazon and bought it, but until it arrives, this will have to do.

Today was a relatively busy day. First, I went to La Retreat, a hair salon just above Inua Wool Shoppe to meet with Scott and get my hair trimmed and colored (I'm trying to grow it out). I was scheduled to teach the Entrelac Scarf class at Inua at 3pm, so I had some time in between to spare, so I visited Expressions in Glass for a new business card holder, and If Only to get some fun jewelry. Here's my fantastic new necklace!


You can also kinda see my hair a little bit. After purchasing a fantastic new necklace I went to lunch with Bill at Bahn Thai downtown which was really awesome. I hope it wasn't what made Bill sick, although he did mention how his co-worker (that he was stuck in close quarters with for 4 days) had this same sickness.

After that I headed to Inua for my class. Five people showed up for it and turned out great. Different skill levels and different speeds, different tensions and different yarns, but all worked well! The class paid for my day's splurges and then some... which is always good.


Did I mention last weekend that for Valentines day Bill got me the most beautiful vase of Roses EVER?! This picture was taken about 5 minutes ago -- A WEEK after Valentine's Day, and they are still gorgeous. They smell so good too. He's a good guy... I guess I'll keep him. ;-)


love

1 comment:

Leah G. Sanders said...

Christina at La Retreat does mine, I love that place!