What we have done:
- We obviously set the date for the wedding as July 17, 2010 @ 11am.
- Found the place: Burgundy Basin (White Gazeebo).
- Catering & Cake: Burgundy Basin too (Prime Rib Buffet with 3-4 hours of "Open Bar")
- Officiant: Kris Miller - Julia's mama!
- DJ has been booked.
- Deposit for the Photographer has been placed.
- Both our rings have been bought.
- Find a dress & accessories! (Visiting a couple of places in Anchorage in the next two weeks, but have found a ton that I love. Ideally, something short, light, not super frilly, and not WHITE).
- Knit a wedding shawl - possibly a swallowtail out of cashmere or silk (if I'm going to have one... it is going to be July in Rochester).
- Rent a tux/buy a suit for Bill with a gold vest or tie.
- Find a dog/house sitter for two weeks.
- Buy tickets back to Rochester. (Hopefully use miles!)
- Do Floral stuff. I have an idea of who I want to do my flowers.
- Figure out hair/make-up. Who's going to do it and where?
We went to the start of the Yukon Quest this weekend and watched 24 mushers push out of Fairbanks on their way to Dawson City. After we grabbed a hot-chocolate, we took Wrangler & Lucy to the dog park which they both LOVE LOVE LOVE! Lucy ran, chased and was chased the entire 1.5 hours we were there. Wrangler just moved from butt-scratcher to butt-scratcher loving every minute of the attention he gets from random strangers. He's also quite a "peace maker" butting his head into any scuffle or uncomfortable moments between other pups. I can just see him saying, "Break it up! Break it up!" He's so funny! I love these damn dogs...
Not too much time for knitting these days, but I'm desperately trying to finish a bunch of the projects that I have on the needles before I cast on another 50. I've got a list a mile long. The Vine Yoke Cardigan is one that I'd love to cast on for the Ravelympics, but at this point I'd be excited to finish my February Lady Sweater. I did finish my Springtime Bandit Shawl while watching "Paint Your Wagon" - I love that movie...
Time for some random puppy & knitting photos:



No comments:
Post a Comment