Sunday, October 28, 2012

Baby Shower Love...

So much for updating on a regular basis... Maybe I will have a little more computer downtime when the baby arrives. Right? On Friday (35 weeks pregnant exactly) Carrie from Wood Center threw Bill and I a SUPER fun and yummy Baby Shower Lunch. 

35 Weeks Pregnant 

They had all sorts of delicious salad fixin's, crackers, lemonade, blonde brownies, & tortilla soup for lunch. I had seconds of soup and brownies! Each place setting even had a little folded diaper filled with candy. They were adorable!

Wood Center Baby Shower

Everyone gave so generously from Barnes & Noble gift cards, and socks, to feety pajamas and baby lotion. They even made sure to make Bill blush with a "Daddy Toolbox" that they filled with IMPORTANT equipment to prepare for baby like clothes pins to plug his nose when he's changing diapers, ear plugs for when the baby is crying non-stop, butt paste diaper rash cream, boogie sucker, Tylenol for when the crying doesn't stop, and a onsie that reads...

Onsie to go in Bill's "Daddy Tool Box"

It was a great party where we shared so many laughs my stomach hurt! It's so good to know that "family" extends far, far beyond New York.

Wood Center Baby Shower:
Donald, Ryan, Heather, Cara, Bill, Carrie, Ginny, Julene, Lydia & Jeri

Saturday at 2:00pm in the afternoon Candace & Hayley threw me the Baby Shower of the century!!! Candace prepared a spread of hors devours, chicken salad, crackers, biscuits and sandwiches. All of which had a "honey" theme to it.

Amazing spread of food for Candace's & Hayley's Shower

The most impressive (and delicious) by FAR was the Banana Honey Bee cake. It was almost too beautiful to cut into, but after the first bite, I couldn't stop! I even had a left over piece for breakfast this morning. YUMMY!

Banana Honey Bee Cake

Friends from every aspect of my life were there from working buddies like Lili & Ginny, to other friend circles like Bill's friend Keith's wife Marilyn, Jeanine & Candace. I was completely blown away by all of the love, support, generosity and giving from all of these people in my life.

Fantastic Group of Friends

 When I got home from the shower I laid everything out so that I could show Bill all that we were given by friends. He couldn't believe his eyes when he saw all of the things that we don't need to buy now. Bottles, feeding pillow, crib bedding, toys, pacifiers, swaddlers, medicines and baby bath stuff, car seat cover, pajamas, stuffed animals and MORE.

Just SOME of the generous baby shower presents Bill and I got

Gabrielle, although she couldn't stay for the shower, gave us deer skin with beaver fur moccasins for the baby. They are incredibly beautiful and warm. I can only imagine how much them must have cost. It just goes to shower how thankful we are for the friends in our lives, and humbled by the love they continue to show me, Bill and Baby Kinne.

Deer skin & beaver fur moccasins from Gabrielle

 32 days until Baby Kinne's due date. I can't wait to meet him/her.

No comments: