Tuesday, July 31, 2007

i guess i have to start somewhere...

It's nights like this where I can honestly say that I love living in Alaska. I'm sitting on the floor listening to the rain beat against the metal roof of my waterless cabin with Wrangler laying next to me snoring away. I got Wrangler, a 9-year-old Golden Retriever, from GRRF.org a little more than a month ago. He's been my constant compainion ever since. I feel like we've been friends for years, and I can't imagine my life before him. He comes with me to softball games, snuggles with me before I go to work, and he's always happy to see me when I get home from work.

I hope to use this blog to update friends and family about life in Alaska and what's on my needles. The days are getting shorter and the nights are getting chillier. It won't be long before the snow starts to fall and the air gets cold... REALLY cold. Ever experienced an outhouse at -30F?

Orientation is in less than a month now, and the fix is on.

I keep thinking about my future and what I want to do with my life. There's a piece of me that wants to stick it out at UAF and take some free grad classes while I work, then there's the piece of me that wants a new life, a fresh start, a chance at grad school full-time. I keep waiting for me to finally wake up and have an "Ah ha" moment where it all becomes clear.

No comments: