Sunday, September 16, 2007

It's a Chicken Soup Making, Scarf Knitting, Homework Procrastinating Weekend

(HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!) Even with the cancellation of the White Stripes concert, there was never a thought in my mind that I WOULDN'T go to Anchorage next week. I bought my tickets to see Bright Eyes on Wednesday and Thursday (I can't WAIT!) and will most likely buy my ticket for Saul Willaims and Tim Easton at the door. Wrangler is coming with, and it's going to be one hell of a road trip! I'll have my new Rilo Kiley CD and other great music, a buttload of raw hides for the Wrang-atang, some juiceboxes and treats, and a LARGE butterscotch latte for the road. I'm looking forward to going, but there is alot to do before then.

I got the first of my Orientation overtime checks on Friday and I splurged a little this weekend. I went to the yarn store and bought yarn to make one of those GREAT cheveron scarfs that are all over the internet now. (I'd like to one if I knew how to do it.) some new lantern moon strait needles and a #2 circular 12" needle for socks. The best part was going to Barnes & Noble where I got the new Rilo Kiley CD, which I've listened to 10,000,000 times today, and my favorite song of the week: Silver Lining

I LOVE it. I also REALLY splurged and got the "Planet Earth" DVD series. I just couldn't wait until christmas! On top of all that I got an Alaska atlas for HIST 461, and a Jonathan Kozol book "The Shame of the Nation" for COUN 615, awwww.... gotta love grad school. The diamond in the rough of all the things I bought yesterday was a knitting book (which I don't often buy), but it's been around for a while I just never looked at it. Turns out there are some REALLY REALLY fantastic patterns inside. Not only is the cheveron scarf in there that I was talking about above, but an amazingly easy and beautiful looking sweater, a noro scarf which I started last night which varigates between 2 different skeins, in a "mistake rib".
So today was going to be spent doing homework and reading and instead was filled with chicken soup making and scarf knitting. I did some reading, but tomorrow I'll probably do the most. I'm excited to be taking grad classes, but just as scared. I CAN DO THIS! So, another Sunday wasted on rainy day knitting, hot chocolate drinking, doggie snuggling and dish washing. What else is there to do... eat chicken soup! Oh yeah, and snuggle with my pooch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.