Saturday, January 26, 2008

Viva Productivity!

I'd like to say that I did a whole lot of nothing today, but when I look back at all that I got done, even I'm amazed!
  • 2 hours of dishes while I listened to the Nanook hockey game (they lost 5 to 2 I think).
  • emptied the slop bucket and the shower bucket.
  • put all the empty water jugs in the car.
  • took 3 bags of trash to the dump.
  • washed and blocked the route-66 socks, and Noro scarf #5 for the shop.
  • made an awesome pancake, bacon and eggs breakfast.
  • balanced my checkbook.
  • washed my hair in the sink.
  • helped Sarah & Curtis jump their car.
  • made a loaf of bread.
  • returned the EXTREMELY overdue movie.
  • knit 2-inches on my new qiviut hat.

Thats right, I said it... Qivuit Hat! I finally broke down and started using my qiviut that I bought in 2006. My interest was spurred first from my Musk Ox presentation, but then I saw the pattern that I picked out a year ago knitted up by Sarah in the shop. It was knit in a mustard color and was amazing looking.

Last Monday I finally started my cork board. I hot glued it while watching Antiques Roadshow. Seriously folks, do you think I'm kidding when I tell you how much I love this show?! Not quite done yet. All points bulletin: "More wine corks needed! (and not the fake ones)"
I can't believe how cold it is outside! It's been -25F or colder ALL day. It's that bitter cold where no matter how long you drive, your car will never warm up, and when Wrangler doesn't even want to pee it's so cold. I pretty much stayed inside as much as possible with the exception of helping Sarah & Curtis for about an hour. It was nice to start inside. The sun even came out today... not for very long, but it was bright and shining through the window. With the left-over bacon from breakfast I made a BLT for dinner... YUM!!!
Wrangler loves his new pheasant!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Please share your bread recipe! I want to make homemade bread so badly. :)