Sunday, February 24, 2008

and the Oscar goes to...

For a bit of a recap of the last 2 weeks and the events that followed:
  • Called in sick Monday and Tuesday but got a whole lot of sleeping done and read the entire "Color of Water" book (great book!)
  • Met Joel Sartore from Natty-Geo (National Geographic) and watched a presentation about his pictures and got his autograph on my copy of his Alaska stuff.
  • Got Photoshop BACK onto my computer, after the great "Hard Drive Crash of '06" and can now put pictures on my blog without them being too dark, too big, only horizontal, and indoors without ugly flash or super yellowed lighting (notice the enhanced blog banner and pictures in this post being far superior to ALL others).
  • Finished my cork board! (picture to come)
  • Started and finished one of the Koigu magic loop socks with yarn I bought at "Knit-n-Purl" back in da Roch.
  • Finished my taxes in February! (while watching the Oscars tonight) Wooooo. Not that impressive really since all I did was plug numbers into H&R Block's neato online thingy. Either way, I'm getting $1600 back.
  • and one other thing.... oh yeah, I GOT THE ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR JOB!!! ("Outreach Coordinator" to be politically correct) Seriously, I'm just as surprised as you are. I called in sick on Monday and Tuesday and on Wednesday Hope came into my office, sat down and offered me the position. It was crazy. I was still super-duper sick and yucky feeling, but at the same time totally excited that I am getting the job that I ALWAYS, ALWAYS wanted. I hope the program, and my 4 incredible student workers are taken care of and appreciated as much as I do.
These next few weeks are going to be tough to get through. I can't wait to start! March 10th!

So although today has been relatively productive (i.e. got taxes done, took a 3 hour nap, talked to aunt rose, helped Cody with her letter, made a nice dinner w/ left overs for 2 lunches & dumped the slop bucket) I actually didn't get a whole hell of a lot done that I wanted to get done (i.e. 5 million pages of reading, book presentation write-up, dishes, get water, clean my office, buy dog food, take Wrangler for a wash, knit, get gas, buy groceries & take Wrangler for a walk). Oh well, there's always next year.
p.s. it's snowing!!! (the huge super-duper fluffy kinda snow)

3 comments:

Macoco said...

Congratulations on the new job! That is incredible news! I hope you're feeling better too. :)

Heidi Olson said...

Congrats on the new job – I know you'll be very good at it!

--Heidi O

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job! You'll do great. Hope you are feeling better. The flu is rampaging through Fairbanks right now. Ick!

Lisa