For more than a week now I've been in what can best be described as "a funk." It's also been -30F or colder for almost 2 weeks now. I would never admit I was affected by S.A.D. but I'm thinking the darkness and more importantly THE COLD has been making me feel trapped! Granted work has been pretty crazy the past couple of weeks. I applied, interviewed and are still waiting on 2 jobs, I officially applied to the Counseling graduate program AND are currently enrolled in 6 credits of grad classes. However, I don't think it's the stress getting to me. I KNOW I've been stressed out way worse than this before... this is different.
I think it might actually be lifting... I don't know for sure, but this weekend I've been SLIGHTLY motivated. I'll feel SUPER accomplished if I:
- Do my 6-8 page paper for Cross-Cultural Counseling and maybe read a couple of chapters.
- Send my "Statement of Academic Goals" for my grad application.
- Wash all of the dishes.
Yesterday was a busy day for both me and Wrangler. We made a visit to The Dawg Wash with Hailey and her new dog Ellie. It's really a great idea! For $15 dollars they provide the tub, the water, the towels, the shampoo, the conditioner, the combs and brushes, the hair dryers and the extra collar so yours doesn't get wet!

Not too shabby... and supposedly the 10th wash is free. Wrangler was really good. I'm not sure he absolutely LOVED it, but he did cooperate. He does like being blow-dried! He looks so damn cute when he's all wet.
After what felt like 100 hours of blow-drying, Hailey and I went to lunch at the Chowder House, which probably wasn't the BEST time to go considering the start of the Yukon Quest was that morning and everyone had the same idea as us. The food was great, as usual, and came really fast! I got a bowl of halibut corn chowder and a crab salad sandwich on a croissant.
Because Wrangler was such a good boy, we went to the yarn shop with me. Sarah and Leah let him come in and stay for the day. He's such a good yarn store dog, especially when he's either being petted or has his bone to keep him occupied.

My two FAVORITE things in one picture... Wrangler & yarn! I bought 2 skeins of the yarn to the right of his paw. It's Koigu KFM -felting yarn. I think I'm going to knit a summer time clapotis. After I finish one of the 6 or 7 projects I've already got going (or not). Guilty as charged. So we stayed at the shop till 6pm then went to Fred Meyer to pick up a prescription and some stuff to bake for the ASB bake sale at school (I'm making those awesome white chocolate macadamia nut cookies) before I was going to go see Tim Easton at the Pub, when I "spotted" something quite precarious...

...hey, it's even microwaveable!
1 comment:
Wrangler looks so sweet in that tub!
Post a Comment