Monday, March 3, 2008

I'm a total PBS whore.

...and I wonder why I don't have a boyfriend. Let's see, I knit, I love Antique's Roadshow, my dog is my best friend and I love living alone. Yup, I'm going to be spinster my whole life. Oh well, I can dig it.

So I got a new hair cut this weekend and I kinda like it. I'm hard to get it this good again, I just sorta end up looking like an 80's rock star I guess. It's a little blonder on top and a hell of a lot shorter around the top. Teetering on the edge of being a mullet.

These weekend was pretty productive beside the whole "not doing any homework" thing. I got a haircut, took Wrangler for a wash, hung out at the yarn store a while, went out to dinner with Carrie, took a shower, took the trash to the dump, got water, cleaned out my entire office of stuff, made stuffed green pepper soup AND washed my dishes! I was a total powerhouse. Not too much knitting though. I started some thrummed mittens, but I'm only about a row or two into the thrummed pattern. Maybe I'll have them done by next winter.

Today wasn't too shabby either. I got a ton done, and just felt good most of the day in general. I got a package from mom with Wrangler treats in it and 3 congratulations cards. Even one from Mike! I found out that instead of consentrating on local Fairbanks and military students, I'm actually going to be taking over Alice's territories in Anchorage and South East stuff, as well as some of the West Coast. (AWESOME!!!) So I'm pretty excited about that. I'm also pretty excited because Lydia invited me to have lunch with her on Friday, and Hope asked me to take the visiting Anchorage counselors to the Ice Park on Friday night. ALSO, Pam is thinking about coming up this weekend. It's a big homework weekend, and hopefully time to knit, watch Law & Order re-runs and relax before my first day on Monday. Since it's spring break next week it should be pretty low-key.

Well, I think I'm going to go watch the rest of Rufus! Rufus! Rufus! (Rufus Wainwright doing Judy Garland's whole show of Judy! Judy! Judy!) and knit a little bit. I SHOULD be reading, but I'm a procrastination goddess, which most assured will come back to bite me in the ass.

3 comments:

Macoco said...

I am loving that haircut! Very sassy.
I have to admit that I really like PBS stuff too. I got one of their DVDs from the library...on America's great rail journeys....yeah, it's amazing that I have a boyfriend. Although, I had to sit through a bunch of his shows this weekend - all about dinosaurs. So maybe there's a dinosaur loving guy out there for you. :P

Heidi Olson said...

I'm so excited that your job might be bringing you down to Juneau - I think you should definitely bring that handsome man-dog down with you so we can walk on the beach and I think you'll have to leave him with Auntie while you're toiling away at the job!

Cute do by the way and you should - I'm intrigued by the stuffed pepper soup - how did you get the stuff to stay stuffed in the pepper? hmmm...its too early in the morning to think about that!

--heidi o

Anonymous said...

Love the hair cut!
You are sooo cute.
Kat