Well... where do I ever begin without it being a 1,000 page re-cap. I guess could just do my usual bulleting method
Okay, well needless to say I've been a little preoccupied with life. I started my new job last week, which I am really enjoying. It's been completely insane with no end in sight, but all around great. One of the Outreach Coordinators is gone for the month because his wife just had a baby. Which is GREAT, but leaves us in the lurch.
With Spring Break being last week you'd think it left me with TONS of time for homework, right? WRONG. The first weekend of Spring Break the Admissions had an event for Anchorage High School counselors, which was really fun and a great way to meet a bunch of the folks that I'll be dealing with a lot.
On that Friday night I was supposed to meet the group at the Ice Park, but never found them. Way to have fun by myself! (no really... it was great!)



It was really neat to watch them be built and it was in the low 30'sF so it wasn't too cold, however the days had been in the HIGH 30's so everything was melting like crazy.
That night Pam got into town from Anchorage. We spent day on Saturday touring around local yarn and fabric stores and generally just being lazy, I found the neatest thing (or at least it was at the time) called "Flat Feet".

What it is, is enough yarn for a pair of socks, completely knit up into a flat piece of fabric and then dyed awesome colors. THEN you start unraveling one end and knit a pair of socks as you go. They self-stripe! The coolest part is there is no skein to unravel and tangle in your purse, it's just a flat piece that will unravel as you knit. Genius.
On Saturday night we decided to go to Chena Hot Springs! I hadn't been there since Julia was up last (2004 maybe) so it had been a while, and Pam had never gone so we made the trek. That WHOLE night was so much fun! With the nearly hour long drive, we pack girlscout cookies, and hot cocoa, and yarn, it was great. The water was so hot I literally had to wade in for like 10 minutes before I could go all the way.


While we were "cooling" down in the regular outdoor hot tub, we were witness to one of the most spectacular northern lights shows I have ever experienced in my life. For a solid 10 minutes the sky was on fire with blues, greens, purples and whites. It first rolled in like a faint green fog, and then once everyone was looking up it exploded into a mirage of colors dancing through the sky, sometimes in waves like the ocean, other times like someone playing the piano across the sky and other times like ripples and ribbons being born and leaving a trail as they went by. There's no way, verbally at least, that I can describe what happened that night but it was truly magical. And just as quickly as they came, they left.
Pam stayed till Wednesday and with the new job and homework, it wasn't much of a visit towards the end. However, I'm sure I'll get a chance to see her again soon. As for the rest of spring break, all I really did was veg. I got a bunch of laundry done this past weekend, along with some shopping (new jacket on sale at prospectors, and new luggage for all of my traveling) but other than that, just nose to the grindstone.
I did make "Cheeseburger Soup" and take Wrangler on the longest walk of our lives on Sunday. He never looked acted like an "old dog" until after that walk. He was a sore old man! Oh yeah, I woke up Sunday morning sick. Big surpise!

Lazy bones.
2 comments:
I love the "flat feet" concept. I'm going to have to check some of that out.
Aww, that post made me miss FBX -- no northern lights in Seattle. :(
And I don't even knit, but the Flat Feet thing sounds f'ing awesome. :D
Post a Comment