Saturday, April 26, 2008

Quite Possibly The Best Purchase I've Ever Made...

In 2004, my first year in the Student Apartment Complex (SAC) at UAF, I bought a small yellow Eureka vacuum from Sam's Club for $40. It did the job and got floors clean. I've been using it ever since. Both years in SAC, in the dry cabin on Linda Ln., in the Condo with Jenn, and now in the dry cabin on Melanie. It's was small, light weight, bagless and seemed, visibly, to get the dirt, hair, crumbs, and dust bunnies sucked up and out of sight... Or so I thought.

Ever since I saw the first comercial on TV, used it at Claudia's house and drooled all over them in Freds, Walmart, Sears, and Target, I've wanted a DYSON. They're super high-tech, they clean really well, they're bagless and easy to empty, and they're just plain awesome looking! At nearly $500 a pop, I just always figured I'd get one when I won the lottery, bought a new house, or married into tons of money.

This weekend while in Anchorage for a recruiting trip (will fill in at a later date, this is just way too important), I found the Dyson Slim Vacuum that I've wanted FOREVER, for $80 dollars off! So, needless to say, I splurged a little, dug deep into the ol' pockets and got one of the coolest things ever made:


I got home last night at around midnight, but HAD to put it together and try it out! Mind you, I didn't really think my floors needed it because I vacuumed before I left. I knew there would probably be some dog hair, some mud from outside, and maybe a kibble or two... I emptied THREE full containers on not just dog hair but visible dust and DIRT. It was awesome!!! I sucked up the dust on all the lamps, ceiling fan, behind the stairs, in the closet, the top of the loft and the mud carpet next to the door. I can't believe how awesome this vacuum is. It even has a expandable wand, so I can reach really high stuff, or under stuff with the attachments. I <3 my Dyson! On another note I started a Fair Isle knit Tam... like I need to start ANOTHER project.

It's amazingly fun to knit, which is really, REALLY bad, because I currently have:
  • 15-20 page project and presentation due on Wednesday
  • Final exam for Cross-Cultural Counseling due May 5th
  • Final exam for Career Development Counseling due May 7th
That doesn't count all the shit I have to get done for work in the next couple of days. But after I'm done with those three things, I'll officially be done for the semester! If only I could get STARTED.

It's probably a good thing that the weather hasn't been that great lately. It's been around 35F, but snowy. I imagine if it was sunny, warm and beautiful, it would be 100x harder to stay focused and finish up the semester.

Wrangler doesn't mind.

2 comments:

AfternoonMoon said...

Cool vacuum.
Still in love? I have been thinking about buying one for work with all the hardwood floors and grooves that dust does not sweep out of.

ryan said...

another friend of mine has basically the exact same story about buying her dyson, except she has 2 cats.

i have hardwood floors and no pets, but my broom is green and pretty sweet...