Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The 44th President of the United States of America

Mr. Barack Obama!

While driving home from North Pole last night where I ate dinner at the Pagoda with Kara, we listened intently to Barack's acceptance speech blasting through the radio speakers. It was a moment that I won't soon forget. His voice and words send shivers all over my skin. I knew as I drove past street light after street light that I was witnessing history at it's biggest and brightest.

The first black president of the United States of America! I've never been so proud to be an American like I was last night. I only wish I could've seen all of this unfolding through the eyes of the rest of the world. Watching Americans cast their vote for what would become the most influential presidential election in history, and I witnessed it first hand.

I hope I never forget the feeling I had last night when I pulled out my cell phone after dinner and read the text message from Cody: "Gin...he won! They have called it... OBAMA!" It was a feeling of complete excitement and relief all at once. I can't wait to see what the next four years will be like with a president that can speak with such eloquence and power.

YES WE CAN.

1 comment:

Jade Frank said...

AMEN! Yes we can gin gin... yes we can!