Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Let Him Eat Cake!

On Sunday, I spent the day making a cake unlike any other cake I've ever made! A Strawberry Cream cake from Cooks Illustrated for Bill's Birthday Monday night. I actually baked the cake on Saturday night (with cake flour even!) which was really smart because it had time to completely cool be Sunday when I had to slice that bad boy in thirds.

Me cutting strawberries... notice the 3 slabs of cake in the background


Me and my little helper, who was in charge of licking the beaters,
stealing stray strawberries & taste-testing the strawberry syrup.


Taaaa Daaaa!!! The finished product.
Three fantastic layers of strawberries, lard & love.


We couldn't wait until Monday night to try it, so we celebrated
Bill's birthday early (at least the cake part anyway).


Happy, happy boy.


YUM! Recipe gets an A++ in my book, and not nearly
as hard as I thought it was going to be!

More to come:
  • Pictures of B's finished mittens
  • updates from NY
  • more/new knitting news?
  • Christmas presents!?

2 comments:

Lori said...

um, YUM!!! I'll pay you to make my birthday cake any day I'm in Fairbanks! ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that cakes looks amazing and yummy! my birthday is in two weeks... I'm just sayin'... heh.