Wednesday, January 7, 2009

see ya later 2008.... HELLO 2009!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

As usual, the ball drop was relatively uneventful. Bill and I waited up for Pam who was to arrive at any moment from a long drive from Anchorage. Funny enough, around 12:15am - 20 feet from our driveway - she got her car stuck, so Bill and I had to find her and pull her out, which took all of about 3 minutes. We got back to the house, warmed up (cause at that point it was somewhere WAY below -40F) and ready for bed.

For my birthday, Pam and I went to Barnes and Noble to knit with a couple of the girls for a while and I got a fantastic Godiva Hot Chocolate, soup and 1/2 a sandwhich. It was super yummy. Showed off the sock that I started the night before for the "Fairbanks Fiberistas January Monkey Sock KAL": (see below)



I made a homemade dinner of Baked Chicken with gravy and biscuits (rice for Bill) and mashed Sweet Potatoes. It was SOOOO good. Then Pam surprised me with an Ice cream cake from Coldstone (not on the WW menu) and a quilt she made me for my b-day. Bill got me a pound of yummy coffee from Country Kitchen and a nifty new spice rack for OUR kitchen:

I love it. Not only does it match the kitchen perfectly, but it makes it so I can actually REACH spices for cooking and baking and I don't have to search the endless shelf for what I need. It's fantastic and refillable!

Friday Morning, January 2nd we woke up to a HERD of moose trampling through our yard! There were two bull moose babies that were at least a season or two old, and a mama moose and 2 more baby-babies from this past spring. The puppies were hysterical to watch as they were gazing out the window going crazy! I had to wake up Pam to come look out the window.


The mama and the two little babies hung around the house most of the day, laying in the snow chewing on leaves while we stayed home. It was a pretty lazy morning except for a the HOMEMADE, FROM SCRATCH cinnamon rolls that Bill and I made... YUM!

They turned out AMAZING!! We have the master the glaze now. All in all it's been a pretty good start to 2009. Now I just have to knit my ass off before classes start again on January 22nd. Wish me luck.

Hopefully 2009 will be filled with A+'s in both classes, tons of knitting, a licensed surveyor, ounces and ounces of gold, and 2 happy healthy puppies! ...or 3?? ;-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cinnamon rolls...!! I love those things!

ryan said...

woah looks good, can you email the recipe to me?