So this weekend I drove down to Anchorage with both the pups to meet Bill at his Surveyor's conference. The drive was white knuckle almost the whole way, and not totally because of crazy crappy snowy roads... Lucy, poor girl, was having a seven-hour anxiety attack with full on shakes, panting and drooling. Both pups were super the entire time we were there, great in the hotel, great for car rides around town, and perfect for walks and such. Would you believe -with all the stress of dogs, friends, travel and eating- I didn't knit a SINGLE stitch the entire trip?!
While I was down there I had one mission:
FIND A WEDDING DRESS! I knew that if I didn't find one that weekend, I might not have another chance unless I made a special trip out of the state SOON. Even with ordering it on Friday, it won't get to Anchorage till June! Which leaves barely enough time for alterations, or a back up, if something awful were to happen.
Along with spending entirely too much money, eating entirely way too much and running around with my head cut off the entire time trying to hang out with friends etc. I found THE dress!


.jpg)
(Mind you, this dress was a size 10, and I am NOT a size 10 -
the woman in the back was holding me together).The reason I say THE dress is because it really is THE perfect dress. I could've gone with any of the bunch that I tried on. They all looked nice, and would do for the wedding, but this one was the whole package! It looked good, it felt amazing, it was floor length without a train, and wasn't TOO over-the-top. The color color is amazing (oyster), the style is super flattering, and the fabric is gorgeous!
I can't wait to wear the REAL one, completely fitted to myself. Now, just have to find shoes, send invites, and figure out the florist.
1 comment:
gorgeous!!! (both you and the dress)
Post a Comment