On Sunday evening I got a text from Jade asking me if I saw Eli win an Oscar... I thought to myself, My Eli?... Elinor Burkett? Sure enough, I tuned in and there on stage (eventually) was Elinor. I was so excited to hear her win, and see her on T.V.!
Instead of highlighting her amazing accomplishments, all of the attention was centered on how "rudely" she interrupted "his" speech. I just kept thinking to myself... HIS speech? He jumped to his feet and ran half-way down the Kodak Theater before they even finished announcing HIS name, let alone hers. Turns out she was left in the dust of her co-winner Roger Ross-William, only to become the laughing stock of the entire internet being compared to Kanye West and verbally bashed for doing what she had EVER right to do. She brought the attention back to the musicians in the documentary, and away from Roger's selfish-self absorbed agenda. Yes, she probably could've handled it differently, but what would've been the right thing? Letting this guy take all the credit for himself and not give any to the people of the film?
I might just be a little biased.
Here is the incident I am referring to:
She's been made fun of by Letterman:
Elinor has even been remixed!
Thankfully Joy Behar tells her side of the story:
Did I mention she's coming to my wedding??? I can't wait. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment