Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 2: Sock Summit 2011 (Friday, July 29)


Monica, Sarah and I ready to head to the convention center

Tina Newton, the Depraved Dyer of BMFA

My 2-color sock, actually knit most of it inside out, and my tension
ended up fantastic! Bad color choices though, doesn't stand out as well as I'd hoped.

Me and Janel Laidman of Paint Your Toes

After all of the classes for the day, Sarah and I skipped out of downtown on the hunt for good Portland Sushi. We found this great little cocktail bar called Saucebox that had screaming happy hour deals and a cocktail list that would put any bar to shame. It was a FANTASTIC little spot, and WILL be visiting again.

Oh, Mary's Dine & Dance... (never made it inside, but it was super fun to watch what came out!)

Sarah looking beautiful in the evening sun (with her 1st of many, many cocktails).

Me looking saucy. (Also with the 1st of many, many drinks)

Drink #2 for the two of us, with AMAZING little happy hour snacks

The tiny little thai balls were delicious!

In house Thai chili infused vodka... SPICY!

How can you not love a drink in a tiki head?

Drink #3 maybe?

Hey look! We found some friends, and a table closer to the entrance.  

We lost count...

Definitely lost count...



Last but not least was the Sock Summit 2011 Flash Mob. I decided to post the one from youtube since it was a little closer coverage than the video I shot. Enjoy. Knitters sure do know how to have a good time!

No comments: