I'm totally excited to go home and completely relieved that my finals are done and that I've done so well on them all. (Grad Counseling final class grade 95.6%, Alaska History -unknown, but probably pretty damn good after the optimistic final exam and great presentation/paper). But I can't help that I've forgotten something... like I forgot to tell the dog sitter something, or that Wrangler is going to freak out when he doesn't see me tomorrow. I know he's in good hands, and that "he's just a dog," but he's my everything.
Did I mention that it was Effin' cold the past couple of days?!
Don't believe me... check this out:
Yeah, it kinda sucked. Especially since indoor plumbing doesn't magically appear at -40F. But you know what does magically appear at temperatures that cold? FROSTBITE! I helped Kara (the dogsitter) jump her car the other morning, and it was -38F the whole time we were outside Stupidly I didn't wear my crazy-ass elf boots, so my toes started to become numb, and VERY cold. Thankfully the elf boots were in the car and I pulled over and changed into them in the middle of the drive, and cranked the heat to the feet as much as I could. It was iffy for a bit. I did take a picture of the lovely ice and frost that I get on the windows because of humidity and draft.
The plus side of going home, being done with classes, flying for 13 hours and leaving Fairbanks... Knitting, indoor plumbing, knitting, and SHOPPING.
Send me happy yarn thoughts, and that I should stop being such a damn worry wart.
Merry Christmas (soon)!
1 comment:
I hope you had a happy and safe christmas!
Post a Comment