
When a connection is made with a piece of art there might not be an explanation as to why. It may be it's simplicity, it's complexity, it's uniqueness, it's strangeness or none of the above. On a "First Friday" night in October of 2007, a piece of art spoke to me. A connection was made. I'm not sure why or how, it just did. I can't really explain it other than the fact that I instantly well in love with it.
The coolest part of this piece is that I know the artist personally! Elizabeth Irving painted this piece and curated the show that it was a part of.
She documents it all in her blog, along with a time line of pictures showing my painting at it's infancy - all the way to it's showing at Wells Street.
I bought that painting last night, almost 2 years later, to make it part of MY collection. Bill helped me hang it in the yarn room and it is stunning. It is the first thing I see when I walk in, and the last thing I see after I turn off the light. It's hanging right above my quilting cutting table, so I will see it when ever I quilt. It's next to my knitting chair so I will see it every time I knit.( I still have to insert picture of yarn room with new painting)
(Insert picture of me with painting here!)
(Insert picture of me with painting here!)
I love it. I hope it is something that is past down from generation to generation in my family.
(first 4 pictures graciously borrowed from Elizabeth's blog - and are property of Eero.)
1 comment:
Aawwww...! OMG! I am so honored!
E.
Post a Comment