Although I didn't BEAT Beethoven, I had an awesome time walking with my friend Valerie around campus, and made my goal of completing it in under an hour (by 9 minutes even, finished in 51 minutes). It was sunny and warm (relatively 36F), high energy, kids, smiles and sun. Can't beat it.After the race I headed to INUA for a couple of hours to go over their new brochure, eat lunch with Leah and Liz, and buy a Nostepinde. It would've been more relaxing if I didn't have the guilt of thinking about puppies locked inside on such a beautiful day, homework, and a party to get ready for!
So I raced home to get the puppies outside!
Wrangler and LOVES being outside, and likes holding the ball in his mouth more than running around for it. He loves to lay at my feet while we watch Lucy run around like a maniac chasing the ball around the yard. He looks SO HAPPY in the sun. I love his smile. (Lucy was off running with a neighborhood dog, or else I'd have a picture of her with the ball too).
He's such a goof! Anytime we go for walks around the neighborhood, all you have to say to him is "Wanna go for a walk?" and he runs to the nearest ball to grab and carry in his mouth THE ENTIRE WALK. I love this goon.
Wrangler, always with a ball in his mouth. :o) Lucy eyeballing the prize.I don't think he's going to give it up...

Then it was time to get all gussied up for the 2010 UAF Chocolate Bash at the Museum. Tickets were $50, but included 4 hours of all you can eat chocolate goodies and all you can drink wines from around the world. Since I was the designated driver, I did my fair share of taste testing the chocolate, while Patrick (my escort since Bill was at Arctic Man) took care of both of our portions of the wine consumption.
Gotta love blurry bathroom mirror self-shots. It was fun to get all fancy and see everyone else fancy. That in itself was worth it. Only wish Bill could've come too. Then I could've gotten hammered! (JUST KIDDING...)

No comments:
Post a Comment