Having coffee with Molly this weekend, I had an epiphany. "Why am I not blogging on a regular basis?" My reasons up until now for not posting were stupid... not enough time, nothing to write about, no pictures taken, can't make it perfect, why bother. STUPID.
I needed a reason to come back. I needed something to get me back into the blogging mentality. So I decided first and foremost, my blog needed an overhaul. Get rid of links I never go to, make it brighter, update profile picture, clean up gadgets etc.
The next thing it needed was a change in expectations. I think I love twitter and facebook updates so much because they're quick, dirty and tell a story in one picture or 140 characters or less. My goal is to keep it short and sweet. Unless of course I've got something to say. Not worry about writing a 20-page post every time I write, but to just WRITE (once a week, if I can.) It may be too ambitious right off-the-bat with classes, dogs, Bill, exercise, cooking, reading, knitting, etc. but the least I can do is TRY.
So, here goes nothing.
2 comments:
I can't even remember when or how I first found your blog, but I always enjoyed it. I'm glad you're back! :=)
Thanks so much! I've always enjoyed and looked forward to your comments!
Post a Comment