Sunday, August 26, 2007

Another Sunday Night...


With 75% of my weekend was spent at work, there wasn't really a whole lot of time to knit, sew, blog, or just plan do anything. Dishes need to be done, and the closet is still a mess! Just about the only productive thing (for the house) was laundry on Saturday. Friday night I stayed home and vegged. Saturday morning I did the usual atm, farmers market, bun on the run, college coffee house tour. I saw Alex at CCH on his bike and we had a short but pleasant chat. Seeing as how the last time I talked to him I yelled at him, I was surprised. Saturday at work, it was more housecleaning type stuff... getting things in piles, making more lists, and more so than anything else mentally preparing myself. After staying at work till 4pm, I swung home, grabbed the mut, and headed to the annual Softball BBQ. It was great. Lots of food, lots of good people, lots of dogs, and lots of potatoes! Kathe showed us how potatoes are grown, and how to harvest them. It was seriously like digging up burried treasure! You would've thought that us girls never saw a potato in our lives. I got to take 4 home. I'll add it to the list of 100 things I want to do before I die along with:

- Clam Digging
- Writing an Autobiography
- & Keeping Bees

On the way home from Kathe's tired and rediculously stuffed beyond all comfort, I witnessed a spectacular rainbow that got brighter and brighter the whole way home. I took this shot about a half mile from the BIG hill on Chena Pump.

I can't believe I didn't mention it sooner, but Sarah and Curtis became proud parents to a BEAUTIFUL baby boy. Blake Auden James. He was born on Wednesday night at 11:09pm. He's by far one of the CUTEST baby's I've ever seen. Dare I say "Jolie-Pitt" cute. I brought Sarah flowers, I couldn't believe I was the only one. I got to hold Blake at 7pm when he was less than 24 hours old. It was amazing. I stopped over again, this time at their house, to see if they needed anything and hold him again. He was awake and squirming around and making the FUNNIEST faces. I want one but only for a couple of hours.


Yet another obligatory picture of my dog, yarn and myself. I'm so tired! I spent pretty much noon till 4pm setting up the welcome bag stuff. So i'm cut, bruised, dirty and sweaty. So, for a little R&R I've got my lil' bit of Wrangler, lil' bit of knitting, lil' bit of computer stuff, lil' bit of tea (not shown) and not to mention the cowboy pajama pants.... mmm pajama pants... i love pj pants.

P.S. I'm got the leave approved for Anchorage. Here's the game plan:
-Drive down to Anchorage Wednesday, September 19th
-See Bright Eyes on Wednesday night
-See Bright Eyes on Thursday night
-See Saul Williams Friday night
-See Saul Williams Saturday night (sorry Starvation Gulch suckas)
-Chill out Sunday
-See White Stripes on Monday
-Drive back Tuesday

hell yes.
(did I mention I'm going to Dallas at the end of Oct. for a conference and I'm going home for christmas? WOOOOO!)

No comments: