...the evolution of a girl and her love for family, knitting, cooking, preserving food, and beekeeping in the last frontier.
Thursday, August 2, 2007
the holy grail of knitting related bargains
Once in a lifetime you come across a bargain so great, so massively mismarked or mispriced that you feel dirty even holding the item. Your face instantly turns red and your hands begin to sweat. I feel guilty, and excited all at the same time. You look around as if you're not just getting whatever you're getting for a steel, but actually stealing it. You read the price tag again and again trying to do the math in your head as to how in gods name does it work out to be THIS cheap, and still turn a profit!? Then you realize, instantly, as if by a bolt of lightning, that this item, the item that you've coveted for so long is not on sale, not extremely marked down, it is in fact horrifically mispriced. This is when the real delema happens. You realize that if you purchased this item for what it is marked you would be saving almost 91%. So you think to yourself... how many to I buy. I don't want to look suspicious, but at the same time if you didn't take advantage of this gross miscalculation on their part, it'd be like driving past an injured dog without stopping. I just couldn't do it. So I decided, in order to not look completely weird, I would just buy ONE of all the different types they offered, which just happened to be 3. I scored...big time.
Here they are. Three 14oz. bottles of SOAK fiber wash. Retail for $29.99 a bottle. I purchased them from a store in which I will remain nameless to save them face, for exactly $2.75 each. That is a savings of over 90%. I bought $90.00 worth of this knitting related gold, for less than $10. I must say, a steal like this doesn't come by too often. I got up to the register with the three bottles that I decided would make me look the least suspicious, and proceeded to make small talk with the cashier as if my life depended on it. I was determined to make her as distracted as possible for fear that she would realize her rediculous miscalculation. She scanned and she scanned, not having a clue as to the money that she was slipping through her fingers. I paid graciously, took my knitting booty and headed to the car. IMMEDIATELY I called Sarah. She bought the rest of what was on the shelf that afternoon. I'm not thrifty shopper, I'm a knitting pirate that just happened to be at the right place at the right time. Oh yeah, random picture of puppy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment