This has been a busy couple of days to say the least! I can't even remember half the things I wanted to talk about in this entry and when that happens I find myself making laundry lists of "stuff". I'll lay it out as best as I can.
Friday was a relaxing night at B&N with Sarah and some doggy magazines. I had a Godiva hot chocolate. YUM. Wrangler was in the car so when the clock struck 10:50pm, instead of sticking around and turning into a pumpkin, I headed home to figure out the game plan for Saturday, always the struggle of my weekend.
Saturday began with a nice breakfast at LuLu's while scar face waited in the car. After my Jalapeno cheddar bagel with cream cheese and butterscotch latte I walked down 3 doors to "Blueberry Baby" to get Sarah & Curtis stuff for their shower that night. I got Sarah a kick-ass baby sling that seriously made me wish that I was having a baby so that I could keep that shit for myself! I also got some cloth diaper insert thingies. After my pricey gift purchase I decided to visit Leah for a bit, left her to her grumpy ways shortly after I arrived and purchased a stained glass felted bag pattern that Sarah knit and was absolutely amazing. Off to the FM to get some groceries afterwards. I got the summer essentials: Potatoes, cottage cheese, orange juice, radishes, brie, corn on the cob, broccoli, and cream of wheat. Bringin' ya back to childhood. Oh yeah, and CHERRIES!! (but according the my receipt and the FM self-check out station they're bananas). After FM, Wrangler was happy to discover that the RIVER was high and the ball was flying. I had to literally tell him is was time to go when I noticed after the 10,000 throw that he was shivering so bad he could hardly stand. He had a blast, as always. After putting all the groceries away it was time to sit in the SUN with Wrangler, Lucinda Williams, my cherries and of course KNITTING.
Sunday was a completely lazy, drizzly, grey, wet, cold, PERFECT day. I had breakfast at.... where else.... LuLu's with Lael and we had a heart to heart/ginny spilling her guts session about life, love and grad school. Hmmmm... I came home sewed a little bit, watched a little T.V., knit a little and at 4pm I babysat Miranda and Jonah while Candace and Doug went to see the new Harry Potter movie. They were so good. We watched Thomas the train, and my little ponies. I came home $50 richer ready to kick-ass at some dishes, and knitting. A perfect ending to a weekend.... until.....
Monday morning I woke up to discover that it was still rainy, cold, damp, dark, and PERFECT. *cough, cough* Wouldn't you know it, I decided to stay home sick. I actually got some work done, sewed a bunch, finished my socks, put away the dishes, made a dope lunch, watched Hairspray (the old one with fat Ricki Lake), and took a nap. At 5pm I took Wrangler to the doctor to get his stitches out, which doesn't make him look AS gangsta now, but because I have to put him on Pregnazone (a steroid) his hair probably won't grow back for more than 6 months.... Awesome. The tumor was cancer. The middle kind. Not great, but not horrible either. He has to take this medicine for 6 months to make sure the cancer doesn't spread. It could've already, thanks to his asshole vet/owners from before, but we can't know unless we run a whole series of super expensive, painful tests. I'm willing to take my chances with this stuff and keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. I would appreciate it if everyone else did too. I love him too much to have it end this soon, plus I'm too broke to even begin to think about radiation and Chemo. Luckly for him, he has no balls to shrink. Love you.
1 comment:
Awe, he is so cute! I cant wait to meet him..by the way...love the blog!
-Cody
Post a Comment